0

Paalam, Pope John Paul II

Posted by abie on 9:21 AM
on ny way sa office, i saw a lot of banner with the following text:

PAALAM
POPE JOHN PAUL II
SALAMAT SA IYONG PAMANA....
KULTURA NG BUHAY


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pope John Paul II will always have a special place in my heart. I can still remember during the 10th World Youth Day that was held here in Manila from Jan 10-15, 1995. I was one of the lucky participants who were able to see the Pope real close. My group waited somewhere along Pedro Gil (I think) for the Pope's parade. We we're so lucky that we found a good spot and the vehicle carrying the Pope passed rigth in front of us so we we're able to see The Pope up close & personal.


I can still remember during his last day in Manila, noong nasa airport na sya. He was on top of the stairs ng airplane and he was waving goodbye to the crowd. And he was in tears when he said that "I don't know how, but I promise I will be back."


Thank you Pope John Paul II. We love you and we will really miss you.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.