1

My Secret

Posted by abie on 12:21 PM in
When I was asking my boss to sign my leave form for our Hong Kong vacation, he can’t help but give a comment and he said “You travel a lot.” So I ask him how can he resist an airfare that is only P4000. Sometimes even my friends and colleagues can’t believe how we can afford to travel more than once a year. Well do you want to know my secret? Actually it is just simple.

1. Since Cebu Pacific always offer airline promos, I always book our airfare in advance and I always book it when Cebu Pacific has an on going promo. By doing this alone, I already saved 50% of our airfare cost.
2. I do all our bookings and reservations. I don’t rely on travel agencies as they are really more expensive. There are a lot of online sites where I can book our hotel accommodations and most of the time, they are even cheaper compared to booking it directly to the hotel.
3. I always book in advance (sometimes, months in advance) as they will really be cheap as compared to last minute bookings.
4. I do my research. There are a lot of places where you can get information. I search the net and asked around. The more information you have the better as it can really save you big bucks.

Every time we travel, I am always in charge to plan for the logistics. Sometimes my family is even teasing me that I can get jobs in logistics since I really make good travel plans. Well I guess you really have to make do with what you have. We love to travel and so we have to find ways on how we can afford to travel on a budget.

1 Comments

Anonymous says:

Sis, share more tips naman on how you get affordable hotels. Even if I get cheap airfare, I always end up spending more on hotels. :)

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.