1

coffee break ver. 1.20

Posted by abie on 11:39 PM in
What characteristics of a school
are you looking for?

Bela is an incoming preschooler this school year at Toddlers Unlimited. Some say that I’m over acting, but we really had a hard time deciding where to send Bela to school (and this is just play school. So I can just imagine, how confuse I will get if it is already the big school).

When I was looking for a good play school for Bela, I researched and read the reviews and feedbacks of parents who have send their kids to the schools that I am considering. That is a big factor for me. I want to hear feedbacks from other parents as they can at least give me an idea about their experiences with the school and how they like the program.

Another factor that I considered in looking for a school for Bela is the methods of teaching. I did some research and I am more for the progressive methods so schools that employs this method is at the top of my list.

When we were searching for Bela’s school, we also made it a point to sit in and observe in one of the class so I can see how my daughter would react to the new environment. We visited 4 schools and we prefer the school in Quezon City as it is near our place but Bela doesn’t even want to go inside the school premises which is a sign that she doesn’t like it there. On the other hand, we can see how much she likes the environment at Toddlers Unlimited. So even though it is more than an hour drive from our place, we preferred Toddlers among the other schools that we visited.

I also take into consideration the teacher to student ratio. For me the lower is the teacher to student ratio, the better as the teachers can very well concentrate on the needs of all the students.

I know these are just minor considerations but these are things that I considered when I was looking for a play school for my 2.6 year old daughter. And I know the characteristics that I’m looking for, for my daughter’s school will definitely change as she enters big school next year.

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.