2

False Alarm

Posted by abie on 11:59 PM in
The other night while I was surfing the net and Howell was enjoying watching the do or die NBA game between Boston Celtics his favorite team Atlanta Hawks, I was irked by his constant tapping on my back and shoulders every time the Celtics scored and outplayed the other team. But before I blew up my cool, Bela showed up with her grandpa and its Howell's turn to be irritated because our daughter started chanting her equally favorite TV rhyme, “change channel, change channel”, and no amount of pleading could hardly make Bela gave way. I could almost felt Howell’s disappointment and as he poignantly pressed the TV control for Playhouse Disney channel. That could have made me happy because I will be no longer be irritated by his tapping that sometimes came heavy, yet I could not help but pity him.

Then someone interceded to Howell’s rescue and that’s grandpa. She took Bela to sleep at their house but before they left, grandpa said, the game was a replay so let your dad watched how his Celtics was trounced in the game

There was a grim at Howell’s face as he turned the channel back to NBA action. His tapping on me stopped as he continued to watch the game silently; probably he lost the excitement from the words that grandpa left. But to my surprised he was jumping and shouting with joy all of a sudden. I could hardly understand why because the game was still on going with barely 3 minutes left and according to grandpa the Celtics was beaten. As it turned out grandpa was only kidding Howell on the result of the game, but true enough that a team was trounced but not my husband’s favorite team.

2 Comments


nyahaha

the joys of parenthood...

Anonymous says:

Hi Abie, can we exchange links in all of your blogs? If you are interested just let me know. Thank you and have a great day.

Sophia

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.