0

My Charity work

Posted by abie on 11:12 PM in
A few weeks ago, there was a booth of UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) at the Podium level of our building. UNICEF is an agency devoted to the welfare of children and they provide long-term humanitarian and developmental assistance to children and mothers in developing countries. Every lunch break, I can see UNICEF volunteers trying to encourage passersby to give donations to UNICEF to support their cause.

I wanted to inquire and approach one of the UNICEF volunteers on how I can make a donation but since I am out only during lunch break, I am always in a hurry and never had a chance to talk to any of them. So one day, I was ready to inquire and talk to the volunteers but I was so disappointed since when I went to the Podium, their booth is no longer there.

You see, things have been a little good for me this year. My family has received a lot of blessing and so I just want to share the blessing that I am receiving by giving some help to charity. So I have been searching the net on how I can make a donation to charity until I discovered Car Angel.

IMG_9564

Car Angel is a different kind of organization. They help orphans, youth at risk and homeless kids with the car donations that they get from people who wants to help charity. They can help you donate your car and the proceeds of the sales of this car will go to the support of their charity work for the homeless kids and orphans.

After reading what they do, I got really interested since we have one used car in our garage which has been sitting there for years now and is just collecting dust. This is one good way to dispose it and at the same time, this is one way of donating to charity.

Aside from doing charity work, they also produce free DVDs for kids and they send this Christian animation DVDs to kids all over the world free of charge. Their cause is really great so I’m really looking forward in donating our car to them.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.