0

Yaya diaries part 2

Posted by abie on 9:40 AM in

Today is the 4th day of my yaya. These are the things that we’ve noticed:

  1. My mom really doesn’t like her. LOL. But I’m aware that she is really against hiring a yaya so it is understandable that she would hate all the yayas that I would hire. Even though we have a yaya, my mom would still stay at our house when we’re at work so she can supervise the yaya and can oversee how she is taking care of Bela. So most of the time, the yaya is always with my mom and I’ve noticed that my mom is really not happy with how she worked.
  2. She always wakes up late. Everyday, naauna pa magising si Howell sa kanya and we have to wake her up so she can start cooking breakfast and prepare our baon.
  3. According to my sister and mom, she is always sleeping specially after lunch.
  4. So far, I’m quite happy with how she worked but I’ve noticed that you have to repeat the instructions to her several times before she can understand it.
  5. She loves watching basketball. There’s a basketball league in our barangay now and she loves to watch the games than take care of Bela. LOL.

Last night when we arrived, my yaya talked to me and this is how the conversation goes:

Yaya: Ate, may sasabihin pala ako sayo. Aalis pala ako.
Me: Saan ka punta, mag day off ka ba?
Yaya: Hindi po. Kse po kanina montik na masagasaan si Bela ng Tricycab (I don’t know if she is referring to a tricycle or a side car). Tapos po sabi ng mommy mo, pag nasagasaan si Bela, papatayin nya ako.

I was really laughing this time because I know that my mom was only joking when she said that.
Me: Ay ganon ba. Joke lang yun. Di naman nya gagawin sayo yun. Ganon lang talaga expressions nya.
Yaya: Nakausap ko na po si Manang Siony. Susunduin na lang daw po nya ako dito.

Manang Siony is the one who gave us the yaya.

Yaya: Di ko po kse kaya mag alaga ng bata at sinabi ko po sa tita ko at sabi po nya, mahirap daw po talaga pag may alagang bata kse nakataya buhay mo.
Me: Cge, ikaw bahala. Ok lang sa akin.

Well at least, she is the one who admitted that she couldn’t take care of Bela. Kse tingin ko if we’re really not happy with her service, either Howell and I would really find it difficult to tell her that we are letting her go. At least, she made the decision for us and she really made the situation for us easier.

Manang Siony promised to give us a new yaya. Yung ibibigay daw nya, nag aalaga na daw talaga ng bata dati. Yung yaya kse na binigay nya sa amin ngayon eh first time pa lang sa Manila so kami pa lang ang una nyang napasukan kaya medyo naninibago pa sya. And I think, she was not informed by Manang Siony that she have to take care of my daughter. Ang alam lang ata nyang work nya is taga luto ata taga lnis ng bahay. Kse noong unang gabi nya sa amin, nagulat sya noong sinabi ko na may anak ako.

Hopefully, maayos naman yung ipapalit na yaya sa amin ni Manang Siony.


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.