0

Day 8: Aug 13, 2006 / Vienna, Austria

Posted by abie on 8:58 AM in , , ,
We woke up around 8 AM, had breakfast at the hotel and we left the hotel around 10 AM. We took the Ubahn to go to Votivkirche (Church). While inside the church, I checked out our metro week pass tickets and I was really surprised to find out that I don’t have it in my bag. You see in Vienna, if you will ride the metro, you don’t have to swipe your tickets to gain entry to the train platforms to ride the train. Not like our system of LRT and MRT here where you need to purchase the tickets and swipe it before you can enter the train platform. But in rare instances, spot checks will be done by train officials to check the tickets of passengers, and if you can’t present one, you will be charged a fine of Euro 50. So for two days, we have been riding the train without me checking if I have the tickets or not. I removed all the things inside my bag and I really can’t find it. The weird thing is I have all our old tickets (museum pass, metro pass, etc for Prague and Germany), and our Vienna week pass metro tickets is the only one that is missing.


I am already in the brink of loosing my cool but Howell said that I should let it go and just enjoy the day. (This is really very hard for me to do. LOL. Nanghihinayang ako sa pera at Euro 28 din yun). But Howell was really good in making me smile so I was able to let go of my major boo-boo.

After the church, we walk a few blocks to go to the Rathaus (their city hall). We just had pictorial in front of the City hall and we did not go inside. We also saw the Hofburg Theater which is just on the opposite side of Rathaus. Then we walked again to the Parliament. We inquired and there is a tour starting in 10 minutes so we decided to join it. Ticket price is Euro 4 per person.

After the Parliament tour, we had lunch at Mcdo. Then we went to Museum Quartier but I told hubby that I am not into modern arts so we decided to not go inside the museum galleries (they have a lot of galleries inside). Then we went to Hofburg Palace, National Library, and Museum of national History which is just walking distance from Museum Quartier. We just had photo shoot in front of the said buildings and we did not bother going inside.

Then we took the metro and went to Stephenplatz again as hubby wants to check out Mozart’s House. We paid an entrance fee of Euro 9 per person and the fee includes access to the three floors of the former house of Mozart and an audio guide. The third floor house materials, art works, displays depicting Mozart’s era in Vienna, the second floor have displays and materials discussing about Mozart’s music and the first floor houses Mozart’s apartment. Howell bought some souvenirs too from their souvenir shop.

We had dinner after the tour (I forgot where we ate) then went back to the hotel and call it a day.

You can view more pictures here.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.