2

Election Fever

Posted by abie on 11:26 AM in
I just want to share this with you guys because it has been bothering me.

We have a family friend (as in really close family friend) who is supporting one candidate for Congress. Let’s just name her JL. Last Sunday around 11 PM, I received a text message from JL asking me for the landline number of my mom because it’s an emergency. I was already half asleep but I still replied to her text message because she said it was an emergency.

The next morning, I was not able to ask my mom the reason why JL called her because I was already late for work. When I was already home, my aunt was in our house and she told me what happened.

JL was fuming mad at my mom because my mom was supporting another candidate for Congress. My mom is the chairman in our barangay and she is distributing sample ballots containing the list of candidates that she supports. Somebody showed JL the sample ballot that my mom was distributing and so she became really mad and decided to call my mom to confront her.

According to my mom, when JL called her, JL was questioning why is she supporting that candidate. JL even accused her that she might have received a big amount of money from our mayor that’s why she is supporting that congressman. Sabi na lang ng mom ko, “Mare, mahirap lang kami pero hindi naman kami ganong klaseng tao. Malaki utang na loob naming kay Cong ___ kaya sya sinusuportahan namin. Ninong pa nga sya nila Joy sa kasal.”

I was really mad when I found out about it. I immediately texted JL and eto yung text ko sa kanya:

“Tita JL, di ko naman akalain na aawayin nyo si mommy noong hiningi nyo yung number nya sa akin. Ang sabi nyo sa akin emergency. Kung alam ko lang na ganon gawin nyo, di ko na lang sana binigay number ng mommy ko. Politika lang po yan. Sana matuto na lang tayo galangin opinion ng iba. Di naman naming kinukweston ang paniniwala nyo eh.”

Mabait pa nga ako nyan eh. Ayoko lang din syang bastusin kahit gaano nya binatos ang mom ko kse ayoko naman sabihin nya na wala ako pinag aralan dahil hindi naman kami pinalaki ng mom ko na ganon. And besides, kung sya hindi nahihiya sa amin, eh nahihiya pa din ako sa iba nya relatives na maganda naman ang pakikisama sa amin.

Hay, sobrang galit ko talaga pero I chose not to reply na lang sa text nya. Nag reply pa kse sya explaining her side and syempre ang point nya is sya ang tama at mom ko ang mali. Well at least, I know I’m a much better person than her sa mga pinakita nya and by the way she talks to my mom.

2 Comments


hi abie! belated happy mother's day too :)

grabe, nakakainit nga ng dugo yan... i had a post ranting about a relative too, hay naku.... some people talaga parang walng pinag aralan.

good thing you kept your cool though. deadmahin mo na lang sis!


Hi Jane,

Oo nga nabasa ko din yun. Ibang tao talaga, minsan parang walang pinag aralan. Buti nga pinigilan na lang ako ni Howell, para daw hindi na humaba usapan.

Abie

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.