0

Day 11: August 16, 2009 / Venice, Italy

Posted by abie on 4:01 PM in , , ,
I am really falling in love with Venice and I can’t get enough of it. So for our second day in Venice, we explored the same places that we visited on the first day as soon as we are finish eating our breakfast.

On our way to Plaza de San Marco, we drop by at the Rialto Bridge again and at the Rialto Market for some souvenir shopping. I was able to buy a lot from the market like murano glass necklaces for my cousins, my in-laws, my colleagues and Bela’s teachers. I also bought Ciao Bella shirt for me, Howell, Bela and my dad.


Then we drop by at the Ferrari store also as it was close already when we saw it the other day. I convinced Howell to buy something from the store as his souvenir and he decided to buy a Ferraro die cast toy which he said is 3x cheaper compared to the price here in Manila. He is one happy camper after his shopping trip at the Ferrari store.

Then we join the tour of the Dodge Palace. The palace was so big that I was so tired after hours of touring and exploration in the palace. Then we had lunch in one of the pizza shops that we found in the small streets near the Plaza de San Marco. Then we spend the whole afternoon resting at the Plaza and near the Grand Canal.

While making “tambay” along the Grand Canal, we met a group of Filipinos who are also tourist in Venice. One of them was a priest assigned in Rome and he is touring his mother in Venice who travelled together with siblings Meg, Danny (who are from Manila) and Kuya Chito from Denmark. They invited us for coffee and we also had dinner we them. We immediately hit it off and it was like we have known each other for a very long time already. We had so much fun that it was already 20 minutes before our schedule train ride going to Rome that we parted ways with them. Howell and I are running again to the train station. Howell left me at the train station with our other stuff while he run and pick up our luggage from the hotel. We barely made it again to our train ride.

It was a long and tiring day and I was expecting a decent train ride but I was so disappointed. We took the TrenItalia train and it was so hideous. The aircon was not working, there is limited leg room as they fit 6 seats in one cabins so my knees are already touching Howell’s and there is no room for us to stretch, then they accepted walk-in passengers even if there are no more seats available so those passengers are standing outside along the corridor. Since it is an overnight train ride, I thought that I will be able to sleep but the noise created by those passengers standing along the corridor and the limited leg room, I was almost awake the entire night. So never, never use TrenItalia especially if it is a long distance ride.

You can view more pictures here.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.