0

Day 20 – 21: Aug 25 – 26 2009 / Frankfurt & Manila

Posted by abie on 11:58 PM in , , ,
We woke up a little late because of our long day the day before. We just crossed the street again to take the MTR going to the Airport. Howell has to withdraw some money as we don’t have enough Euros left. We bought breakfast at the terminal for take out so we have something to eat at the airport.

As soon as we arrived at the airport, I looked for the Tax refund counter to file the tax refund for the bags that I bought. I followed the long queue only to find out that they can’t accept my forms there as it is the counter for goods purchased that will be checked-in. Since I will be hand carrying my items (since I don’t want to risk checking in the Chanel bag of Jacqui. LOL), I have to line up at the Tax Refund counter after I checked in. But looks like we have no luck that day as the checked in counter opened late because they are having some problems because of flight delays so in short, I had no time left to file my tax refund after we checked in (sorry guys, but I really tried my best. LOL).

The flight left on time but when we reached Dubai, it was announced that our flight will be delayed for like two hours. Our flight from Dubai to Manila was full so there are a lot of Filipinos waiting at the waiting area so I was not able to get some sleep while waiting for our flight. And besides, the seats are really not comfortable for sleeping and I guess I am too much excited already and can’t wait to land in Manila to see Bela. There was also a mixed up because they change our seating assignment when we are already ready to board which leaves me and Howell several rows and seats apart. I was really pissed and the crew was really not helpful with our problem. This made me swear that I will not use Gulf Air again. Thank goodness that the fourth flight attendant that I talked to was able to sort things out and Howell and I got a seat beside each other.

When we arrived in Manila, Bela and my parents are already waiting for us. Bela was so excited upon seeing us that she wanted to jump out of the window as soon as she sees us. We went to Dampa for merienda as Howell and I are really craving for real food. LOL. Then we went to Duty Free for some pasalubong shopping and more toy shopping for Bela then we went home.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.