0

KL Day 3: November 3, 2009

Posted by abie on 1:14 PM in
Finally, the last installment for our SG – KL adventure last year (I know, this is a much delayed post already. But as the cliché goes, better late than never, right?).

==

It is the last day of the conference and at the end of the day, we are scheduled for VIP tour at the Sky Bridge of the Petronas Tower. Since it is a VIP tour, no kids are allowed so I was not able to include Howell and Bela for this VIP tour.

Day5 005Day5 117Day5 453Day5 464Day5 495Day5 469
Howell and Bela just went to the KLCC mall which is near the Petronas Tower after having breakfast. We were told by a friend that they have to be there early to line up to get the free tickets to go up the Sky Bridge. The ticket is free but is limited as they are only giving away 200 tickets per day. Howell and Bela were lucky as they were able to get the last two tickets for that day. Instead of going back to our hotel, they just decided to explore KLCC mall and the park near the mall. Bela played in the play ground and Howell was not able to stop her when she decided to take a dip at the pool. I was really laughing when I saw the picture as she was just wearing her underwear since Howell did not bring with them her swimsuit (eh malay ban yang may pool don. LOL).

The ticket that they got for the Sky Bridge tour is at 6 PM and they will be toured at the 41st floor of the twin tower. I on the other hand will be at the 42nd floor of the Sky Bridge for the VIP tour almost the same time as Howell and Bela’s schedule. We (the conference participants) were all hoping that we can go up to the top part of the tower since it is a VIP tour but the tour only includes the tour of the sky bridge. They are also very strict as I was hoping that I can go down at the 41st floor to meet with Howell and Bela but I was informed that for security reasons, I have to go down at the ground floor again and check if there are still tickets to allow me to go up the 41st floor. So I just met up with Howell and Bela after our tour inside the mall.

After meeting up with Howell and Bela, we went to the park as hubby said that we can take good pictures with the Petronas tower as our background from the park. Then we had dinner at CPK, bought some souvenirs at the Petronas Tower souvenir shop then went back to our hotel so we can still have some rest before leaving at 9 PM for our 1 AM flight.

We booked the cab driver that took us from our hotel to the mall that day to take us to the airport that night and he was the most generous driver I have ever met. Imagine, he treated us for some snacks as Howell mentioned how much we like Roti Canai and so he decided to treat us for authentic Roti in a restaurant near the airport. We are paying for the meal but he insisted that it is his treat for us.

We were still early for our flight but I have another boo-boo – we went to the wrong airport again. LOL. I asked my colleague who lives in KL since there is no terminal indicated again in our ticket and she told me that all international flights are at the International Airport and so that is where we asked our driver to take us only to find out when we are already inside that there is a budget terminal again for Cebu Pacific (gosh, I really hate Cebu Pacific now). So we took a cab again to take us to the Budget Terminal and thank goodness we still have enough time to catch out flight.

Bela was asleep the whole flight and she only woke up when we are already at the Manila airport. It was a nice vacation and I am really glad that we decided that Howell and Bela will join me for this trip.

You can view more pictures here.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.