0

Surprise

Posted by abie on 11:18 PM in ,
I have no plans actually of taking a day off on my birthday as I am saving my leaves for a possible long vacation on May. But then I have to attend a meeting with Bela’s teacher tomorrow and so I thought to just take the whole day off so I can spend my birthday with my family.

It was a last minute leave that it was only after lunch when I decided to take a leave and asked my boss to sign my leave form.

It was already 3:30 PM and I am still catching up with work as I have to finish my pending work before taking a day off so I was really busy and was running around. I was on my way to the HR section to submit my leave form and I happened to notice that there are a lot of people in the pantry. Of course the gossiper in me took over and got curious as to why almost all my officemates are gathering up at the pantry. So I peep in the window and everybody got surprised when they saw me, especially my boss. It was only then when I realized that they are preparing to surprise me for my birthday. Boy I was really surprise but I am sure they were more surprise than I am.

My boss is really a super woman as I don’t know how she was able to pull off an impromptu surprise party complete with a birthday cake from our favorite cake maker, Costa Brava, with text which says “Happy Birthday Abie.” There was also overflowing ice cream.

I was really touched and I feel so blessed for having great colleagues like them. Thank you very, very much, especially to Michelle, who never fails to organize a surprise party for me every year. Mwah!!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.