0

I conquered the Rock.

Posted by abie on 8:45 AM in ,
Corregidor that is.

Photos snagged from corregidorphilippines.com and corregidorisland.com. I promise to post our pictures soon

Our company went there last Thursday for our Team Building Exercise. This is my firs time in Corregidor. I know this is a very historic place and is really very popular to tourists and even locals but I never really had interest to go there. One reason is that I know that the main feature of the place is the Japanese Tunnel and the Malinta Tunnel and I am really not the kind of person who enjoys exploring caves and tunnels. Second, I don’t like hiking and trekking too and one of the highlights of the tour is you can go hiking to explore the island.

But after our team building exercise, I can say that I did have fun. Our Tour Guide prepared adventure activities for us. We have to find the map inside abandoned buildings and then using the map, we have to go to our next location and do some adventure challenges to get our next clue. We hike, trek, went inside Japanese Tunnel to get our final clue. I was catching my breath in between these activities and we are all perspiring a lot. I even had a hard time climbing up the Japanese Tunnel as the wall is almost 90 degrees. But I realized it was really fun. We are always last for all the challenges but we won the last game so our team was the overall winner.

After eating lunch, they took us inside the Malinta Tunnel. I was really reluctant to join the tour at first but the tour guide said that I have to go since this is the highlight of the tout so I tried it also. It was scary and is something that I will not try again (hehehe), but at least I was able to get a glimpse of the life during World War II.

I was not able to find the time to download our pictures yesterday but I promise to post some here. (Yeah, so at least I will have some proof that I did went inside the Japanese Tunnel and Malinta Tunnel. LOL.)

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.