0

Another Accident

Posted by abie on 11:22 PM in
A few days before Christmas, I was awakened when I heard my mom panicking while she was looking for Bela’s ice pack. I asked her the reason why she looks really flushed and nervous and she told me that my 85 year old grand mother had an accident again (this is her second accident this year). She tripped while walking in our kitchen and fell on her face. She has a big contusion on her head and they rushed her to the doctor. The doctor even asked for a CT scan to be sure that there is no crack in her skull.

I was really in shock when I saw how big the contusion was on my grand mother’s face (this reminded me also to renew our social security disability insurance). She is too old already for this kind of accidents. We always remind her to stop doing things in the kitchen, but she is so used to doing it that she really finds it hard to break the habit. But we are so thankful that the result of the CT Scan is good as the doctor did not see any break in her skull. My grand mother just has to take pain reliever and a medicine to stop the swelling.

On Christmas day, her left cheek and forehead was all color purple so she was hiding from the camera. Even though injured, she still remained to be our fashionista lola as she said she doesn’t want her photograph taken looking that way. LOL. At least we know that even after the accident, she is still the same “Nanay Puti” that we know. We are happy that she is recovering very well and nothing really serious happened to her.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.