0

For New Year

Posted by abie on 10:00 PM in , ,
I love living here in Tondo. Our neighbors are all friendly and helpful and you can really feel that you belong to a community. But if there is one time that I hate living here, then it is every New Year’s Eve.

I hate firecrackers and as early as now, our neighbors are all going crazy with firecrackers. I can’t even go out because I am so scared of the children playing with firecrackers. And also, since it is a special occasion, you can expect that there will be lots of drinking and when people are drunk, people can do crazy things.

So all of us agreed that it would be more stressful to stay in Manila on New Year’s Eve that we all decided to celebrate New Year away from Tondo. I would have wanted to avail one of those hawaii vacation packages and take my entire family to a vacation in Hawaii, but since I am not allowed to take any long travel because I am pregnant and it is really not feasible budget speaking (LOL), so we will just settle with a short trip outside Tondo for now. We already booked the guest house of my mom’s friend. The guest house has four rooms (all fully furnished with aircon, TV set, toilet and bath with hot and cold shower), a billiard room with two billiard tables, a videoke room, a roof top and a garden for our outdoor activities. They also have a kitchen so we can cook our food too for our overnight stay so it will be a big saving for us. My mom has stayed in this guest house and she said that it is big and clean so hopefully we will have a relaxing and fun stay.

My cousins are all excited already since this is the first time that we will be spending our new this way. I know that my aunts, my mom, my grand mother and including me will be able to relax here. The kids and my other cousins on the other hand can go out if they get bored and if ever we ran out of activities to do during our stay at the guest house.

I am sure this will be one New Year celebration we can all look forward to.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.