0

Day 17: Aug 22, 2009 / Paris, France

Posted by abie on 10:44 PM in , ,
I was checking the pictures of my friend of their recent family vacation when they tried outer banks vacation rentals. If only I can travel and if only we have the budget for it, I would have packed my bags and ride a plane for another family vacation.

But we are still recuperating from the expenses that we incurred from our last Europe trip and I was even advised to have a complete bed rest so I don’t think an out of country vacation would be possible for us in the next coming months (or even years).

So for now, I will just have to finish my chronicles of our last Europe trip and I am now on our Day 17 in Europe.

Day 17: Paris, France

Shopping malls and outlets in Europe have weird opening schedule and they are close on a Sunday and are open only until 6 PM from Monday to Saturday so we decided to go shopping for the bilins of our friends before we start with our IT for the day.

Chanel store and the flagship store of Long Champ in Paris is just a couple of blocks from our hotel but since we have unlimited MTR pass, we decided to take the MTR to go there. Howell already reviewed the map so he knows already where to find the store. We first went to Chanel and bought the Grand shopping bag of Jacqui and then went to Long Champ to buy the bag of Jody. The price of Long Champ bags were so hard to resist so I end up buying two bags for myself too (the limited Edition Le Pliage and a chocolate brown bag).

After shopping, we went to check out Notre Dame. After seeing other churches, particularly the one in Rome, I was really surprised to see that the famous Notre Dame was not as grand as I imagined it. I decided to use my chocolate brown bag and I find it too big and I asked hubby if we can go back to the Long Champ store after lunch to exchange it to the smaller size Le Pliage and just skip the free tour of Notre Dame as what we originally planned. After I had my bag changed, we went to Basilica Sacre Coeur, which is a church overlooking Paris. Unfortunately there was a demonstration going on and so we were not able to go inside the Basilica but the view outside was really breathtaking and so it was still worth the trip. We had our merienda at the shops near the Basilica and we also did some souvenir shopping there. Then we went to the famous Moulin Rouge and then we decided to go to Disneyland Paris. We did not went inside as it is already almost 5 PM when we arrived and we thought that it would be no fun to experience Disneyland without Bela but it looks really big. We just had some picture taking at the entrance and then we went to Disney Village and bought souvenirs and toys for Bela.

Then we head home after our short trip to Disneyland (Disneyland was like an hour from our hotel via MTR) then we just had dinner at a Chinese restaurant which is just near our hotel and then we called it a day.

You can view more pictures here.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.