0

Day 15: Aug 20, 2009 / Rome, Italy & Paris, France

Posted by abie on 3:42 PM in , , ,
We woke up early and left the hotel at 7 AM to get to Anangnini Station to catch the bus that will take us to the airport. The bus that arrived as soon as we reached Anangnini station doesn’t pass to the airport (I miss this detail when I checked the bus schedule the day before) and the next bus arrives at 8 AM and we have to be at the airport at 8:15 the latest to make it before the check-in window closes.

I saw that there are cabs waiting near the bus station and so I told Howell that we should just take the cab to make it to our flight on time. We saw a couple approached one of the cab but decided to just take the bus instead. I talked to them and asked them if they are heading to the airport also so we can share the cab (the beauty of watching Amazing Race. LOL). So we shared the cab with the couple and we end up paying Euro 10 instead of Euro 20. We made it just in time for our 8:55 AM flight.

We are taking Easy Jet from Rome to Paris and since it is a budget airline, they only allow one luggage per passenger. Since Howell bought his Ferrari car in Venice, we have one extra luggage. Howell wanted to try to squeeze everything in one bag but I told him I don’t want to be under stress since the plane is ready to leave so we just paid the extra Euro 20 for the extra luggage.

The flight was on time and we arrived at Paris before lunch. We bought 5 day unlimited pass that covers all sectors at the airport so we can take the airport express that connects the airport train to city train. I had instructions from the hotel on how to get to the station where their hotel is located from the airport but we had a hard time looking for the hotel itself. I booked the hotel (Hotel Saint Honore) from booking.com and the reason why I booked this hotel is that according to reviews, the location is good because it is near the tourist spots, the shopping district and near the MTR station. But I was really disappointed with the hotel. It is not really a hotel (the apartments that I see from MyNewPlace.com is even better). The hotel has no air conditioning system, no elevator (and we are staying at the 5/F), the room is small, and it looks old that is why I hate the bathroom. But the rate is really affordable considering it is located in District I (which is the best district in Paris according to my friend who lives in Paris). There is also free wifi and the receptionist is really very helpful and friendly.


After Howell went up and down the flight of stairs to bring all our luggage up, we left the hotel and had lunch at the nearby mall. Then we went and explore the city. We checked out Place dela Concorde, Champs d’ Elysee, Arch de Triomphe, and Jardin de Tuillens. We were also able to watch the ceremony at the Arch de Triomphe every 6 PM honoring the soldiers. Then we went shopping at the stores along Champs Elysee and bought toys for Bela at the Disney store there.

Then we went to the Eiffel Tower and Howell suggested that we go up to the tower since the sun is still up even tough it is already past 7 PM. I think we queued up for less than an hour before we were able to go up. I was really scared while riding the elevator going up since unlike the Empire Tower and Macau Tower, where the elevator is enclosed so I can’t see the view outside. But with the Eiffel Tower, I can see that we are going so high up as we ride the elevator.

We were only able to reach the 2nd level because the 3rd level is close that time. But I am okay with that because I think that I might get really scared once I am at the topmost level. But the view was really nice up. Howell went around all the four corners of the tower to take pictures and we have quite a lot of pictures.

We had dinner at the café at the 2nd level of the tower. I just bought crepes and sandwiches then we bought souvenirs at the souvenir shop then we call it a day after that.

You can view more pictures here.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.