0

Our Weekend @ Makati Shangri-La

Posted by abie on 8:54 PM in , ,
Howell requested that we go out of town the weekend after he arrives from his three -week posting in Kolonya, Micronesia. I tried calling all the resorts that I know in Batangas and Subic area but all of them are fully booked already for that weekend. And so our next best option is to spend an overnight stay in one of the city hotels.

Howell requested that I checked the rates of Westin Philippines Plaza and Makati Shangri-La and I let Howell decide which hotel to choose and I ended up booking an overnight stay at Makati Shangri-La for April 10-11.

bela 083bela 152bela 159bela 225bela 272
We had lunch first at home before going to Shang. We arrived around 1 PM and we were allowed early check in. We got a De Luxe room and it was really big. Bela as always explored our room, checking the bath room, the cabinets, etc.

Around 3 PM Howell and Bela decided to take a dip at the pool. It was a bit crowded that there is no vacant table or beach chair that we can use. Bela tried the kiddie pool first and when Howell joined her, they transferred to the bigger pool. They finished swimming around 6 PM and we went back to our room to change. Howell and Bela were so tired already that we just decided to eat at the nearby restaurants beside our hotel. We ended up eating at Pancake house.

We promised Bela that we will check out the toy store in the mall and so we went to Landmark where she bought new dino toys again and a stuffed toy doggie. We went to our hotel after that and Bela and Howell quickly doze off to sleep.

I stayed until 12 AM because I still need to work on some things. I learned from my aunt that there is no electricity in our place and my dad is having high blood pressure and so I invited my mom and dad to spend the night with us as our room is really too big for just the three of us.

The next day, my mom and dad went home early and did not even have breakfast because my dad has to run some errands. We had breakfast at Spirals Café and there was so much to eat that we are still full even until lunch time.

After eating breakfast, Bela went to the pool again with her Tita Veejay to enjoy the pool again before checking out. They finished swimming around 1 PM already and we went back to our room to prepare our things for checkout.

We had lunch at Savory, which is again located beside our hotel after checking out. After lunch we drive to Mandaluyong to hear mass and went home after that.

You can view more pictures here.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.