0

Sickie in the House

Posted by abie on 9:41 PM in , , ,
I was reading about colon cleanse and I suddenly remembered our ordeal for this week. Bela was sick since Tuesday. Her fever is on and off, running from 36 – 40. C Last Thursday before we left for work, we checked her temperature and it is already back to normal so hubby and I decided to go to work that day. But then I received a text from my mom and informed me that Bela’s fever is back to 39 C again.

My mom brought her to the doctor and was advised to have a CBC exam on Saturday if she still has fever. When we arrived home, I checked Bela’s temperature and it is already 40 C. We all panicked and my dad drove us to the Emergency Room of Chinese General Hospital.

They did all the routine exam for Bela – CBC and urinalysis. It is Bela’s first time at the Emergency Room and so she was really scared. When the medical technician took sample of her blood, Bela was really in tears and she was just looking at my eye while she kept on saying “Mom, mom.” This brought me in tears also as I don’t want to see my daughter like that. If only I can protect her from all the pain, I would. It is too painful for me to see my daughter in that situation. We were allowed to go home as her temperature is already down to 37.2 C and were just advised to return the next day for the results of her CBC and urinalysis.

Next day, we called her pediatrician and we were informed that her WBC count is high and so she has to take antibiotics. The infection is the reason why her fever was spiking to 39 – 40 C.

She started taking her antibiotics since last night and thankfully she has no fever the whole day today. She still has no appetite and hope she will get her appetite back soon as she already loose weight. But I am really glad that she is active again and her fever is gone. Hopefully her condition will continue to improve.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.