3

Missing YM

Posted by abie on 11:42 PM in
I don’t know what’s wrong with our laptop. It doesn’t run my yahoo messenger. I tried un-installing Yahoo Messenger then installed it again but it still did not solve the problem. Every time I double click on the YM icon, I will just get the hour glass for a couple of seconds, then nothing will happen.

So the whole afternoon, I have been using the messenger integrated with Yahoo Mail, which I don’t like the interface. For one, it doesn’t show the groupings that I have in the full version of YM. It also doesn’t show the chat box in a separate window but just tabbed versions. So the whole afternoon, I didn’t chat that much with my friends as I really hate the YM version that is available on my laptop.

I’m not sure though how I can fix it. The laptop has been acting up lately and I think a reformat is the only solution to fix all of its problems and I don’t think we will have the time this weekend to do that.

3 Comments


Hello, Abie!
Thanks for your posting and have a good weekend.
Good luck.

Anonymous says:

I recommend that you use the Yahoo Webmessenger. You can go to www.webmessenger.yahoo.com and right away you can be able to use their messenger but in another platform.


hi david,

thanks for visiting my site...

hi andrew,

thanks for th suggestion. I will try it out also.

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.