0

All about driving

Posted by abie on 1:05 AM in
I don’t drive and I have no plans to learn how to drive. For one, I can always rely on my husband or my father to drive for me. Second, commuting to and from work is really very convenient since there is car pooling services available in our area. And third, I don’t think I would want to bring a car even if I know how to drive because of the unbelievable price of parking fee here in Makati plus the gasoline price.

But Howell is lucky since he just works in the Manila area which is close to our house so he doesn’t consume that much gasoline every time he brings his car to work. Plus their company has a big parking space where employees can park their car for free.

Maybe if my company offers an auto allowance, similar to what my friend’s company is offering their employees, then I might find the drive to learn how to drive and bring our car to work. That is one of the great benefit that my friend receives from her company. Her company got the service of a management consulting firm to handle all vehicle reimbursement of all their employees. Each employee is given a driver reimbursement rate and they can reimburse all the car expenses that they incur for the use of their own car to fulfill their work for the company. Imagine she doesn’t have to shoulder the gasoline expense.

If my company offers the same benefit, I would probably schedule to attend a driving lessons right away.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.