1

Bohol 2008

Posted by abie on 10:56 PM in
On January 20, it will be exactly a year after we went to Bohol for a vacation to celebrate my birthday, hubby’s birthday and our anniversary. And I just realized that it’s been almost a year already and I haven’t posted our Bohol escapade stories and uploaded our Bohol pictures. But can you blame me? After I saw that I have close to 3000++ pictures that I have to sort I started procrastinating until I already forgot about it. But hubby has been bugging me to upload our pictures as it is the only vacation that we had last 2008 that I was not able to document. So even though this is already a year late, I guess it is still better late than never. So here it goes.

Day 1: Bohol Day Tour

We took the first flight to Tagbilaran via Cebu Pacific flight. The flight is early so we are at Tagbilaran by 7 AM. Since it is our third time in Bohol, we already have a “suki” tourist guide that I always hire every time we are there. So I just contacted him again and he was at the airport waiting for us when we arrived.

We had breakfast first at a small restaurant near the pier as all the other restaurants are still close. After breakfast, we immediately proceed with the day tour. We visited the Blood Compact Site, Baclayon Church, Chocolate Hills, Butterfly Conservatory, Hanging Bridge, Loboc River (we joined the cruise and had our lunch there), Tarsier Sanctuary, and we visited Prony, biggest python in captivity.

After the day tour, we proceed to Bohol Beach Club. I booked our hotel via Asia Travel and we did not have any problems at all with our check in. As soon as Bela saw the swimming pool (which is in front of our room), she immediately wants to jump in and enjoy the cool water so we spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the pool. We call it a day after we had our buffet dinner.

Day 2: Bohol Beach Club

We just spend our second day at Bohol Beach Club. After breakfast, we changed into our swimming attire and enjoy the beach. The whole afternoon, we just lie lazily at the beach, eat, sleep, swim and just had a relaxing time at BBC.

Day 3: Panglao Island Nature Resort

We had a day tour at Panglao Island Nature Resort. This is one of my favorite resorts in Bohol but since it is really expensive, we just opted to have a day tour there. I can’t remember the exact price that we paid for the entrance but it is consumable and it includes the free use of the swimming pool. We stayed at PINR until around 5 Pm and our driver picks us up and we went back to BBC. After dinner, we had a massage and we call it a day after that.

Day 4: Dolphin Watching and Balicasag Island

We woke up early, brought take out breakfast from the restaurant and we met with our hired bangkero for dolphin watching. They took us to the middle of the ocean so we can see the dolphins. We were lucky since we were able to catch a lot of dolphins. Even Bela had a great time watching the dolphins. After the dolphin watching, they took us to Balicasag Island. They say that it is the best place for snorkeling but since we have to catch our afternoon flight we decided not to try snorkeling.

We left Balicasag around 11 AM and it was one of my scariest boat rides ever. We experience a lot of big waves on our way back to BBC and I almost cried since I really got scared not just for me but especially for Bela. Even my dad who is a seaman have asked my mom to put Bela’s life vest on (which for me is a signal that I have to panic) because we felt that our boat is nothing compared to the big waves that is greeting us. But with prayers, we were able to arrive safely at BBC but after that, I swear to myself that it is the first and last time that we will go dolphin watching in Bohol. LOL.

1 Comments


after looking at your pix, ayan ... na-enganyo na naman ako sa bohol! bwahahaha!

haven't cancelled my airline booking yet at bohol, got it at P3,120 RT for the family. but still thinking if bohol, bora or bangkok! hahaha! bahala na ... i've got til 15th jan to decide! :)

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.