0

An Offer

Posted by abie on 1:09 AM in
Do you often receive those annoying phone calls from credit card companies offering you to convert your card balance to their deferred payment plan or informing you that you have been pre-approved to avail of their personal loans or any other offers that credit companies usually offer their clients? Almost every week, I receive those types of calls. They say that since I have a good credit standing, I have been selected as one of their priority clients and they will be giving me an exclusive offer to avail of their promo.

Since I have a huge balance on my credit card for this pay period, I received a call from Citibank again and they are offering me a 1.5 interest rate (instead of the usual 3.5 interest rate) if I convert my current balance to their Pay Lite program. The agent has been convincing me to just use my cash for other things like investing it on a new business or deposit it in my savings account instead of using it to pay my balance in full so I can put my money to good use.

That would really be a tempting offer but I decided not to avail of their promo. I’m not sure if I can pay for the monthly dues diligently if I convert my balance to 12 months installment payment. And I know how Citibank treat their delinquent clients. If you fail to pay your monthly balance, they will pass your account to a Collection Agency that will help them collect payables from their clients. This collection agency helps businesses like Citibank develop the best debt resolution program to help businesses collect account receivables from their clients. And I don’t want to be bothered by collection agents. So as much as I want to keep my cash and use it for something else, I would rather settle my balance with Citibank.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.