3

Hooray for my mom

Posted by abie on 11:07 PM in ,
My mom won the election, with 82 votes lead against her opponent. Thanks for all your prayers, support and well wishes. We’re really thankful that our prayers have been answered and big thanks for my mom’s constituents for still believing in her and for re-electing her again for her third term.

We we’re overwhelmed by the support that they have given my mom. The morning of the election, the people are already congratulating us and telling us that the election is already over. Of course, we are happy with the feedback that they’re giving us but the fight is still not over until after the counting of the votes.

My mom was sick from Friday until Sunday and she has high blood pressure (180/120) since Sunday evening. Maybe, she’s tensed and stressed out with the election.

The counting of votes started around 3:30 PM. I was just at home and I left my brother at the polling precincts as I don’t think I can handle the stress there. I just told him to text me for updates every now and then. My brother texted me around 4 PM and gave me the news that we have an overall 60 votes lead but he is getting a little nervous because my mom’s opponent was winning in two precincts. Around 5 PM he texted me again and we now have an over all lead of 70 votes. By 5:30, my brother called me and confirmed that we already won.

I was jumping with joy for my mom. I really wanted her to win and I know she is more than qualified than her other two opponents and I believed that she will do a much better job than them. And I know this is something that she really loves doing. She’s a people person so she really enjoys serving the people.

From the bottom of our hearts, thanks again for all your prayers and support.

3 Comments


congrats sa mommy mo. :)


Thanks sis.

Anonymous says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
=)

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.