0

From Vista to XP: Big NO, NO

Posted by abie on 12:30 AM in
I was supposed to look for New York Yankees tickets online for my dad but since I arrived from work, I have been busy fixing the laptop of my friend.

She bought a laptop that is preloaded with Windows Vista but she is really not comfortable in using that operating system. She asked me to downgrade it to Windows XP. I agreed to help her since I know that it will just be a really easy process. But I was wrong.

I got an error as soon as I tried to install Windows XP but good thing I encountered that error before when I was rebuilding another laptop so I know how to solve the problem. I installed Windows XP and when I checked the site of Compaq for the drivers, nothing is listed for Windows XP. I even called Compaq to verify this and they said that they don’t recommend downgrading from Vista to XP. I even tried the forums, searched Google but to no avail.

Right now hubby is checking the laptop and he is now trying his luck to look for drivers for XP. If only I knew it will be this hard, I wouldn’t have agreed to do this. LOL. But it is too late now. I already reformatted her laptop so it is either I spend the whole night searching for the missing drivers or I can just install Windows Vista back.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.