1

I can see clearly now

Posted by abie on 12:40 AM in
It has been three years since I had my lasik surgery. I was hesitant to do it at first since I am scared that there might be risks involve that is irreversible. You see, I have a 1000/950 grade and without my contact lens, I am literally blind. That is why I hate going to the beach or doing any water activities because it is very uncomfortable to wear contact lens when doing any water activities but I have no choice but to wear my contact lens, since I am blind without them.

Then I even had an eye infection and was advised by my doctor to not wear contact lens for a month because it is the cause of my eye infection. Since I have a very high eye grade, I can only wear hard lenses which kept my eyes so strained and tired after wearing it for the whole day especially I am in front of the computer most of the day.

A lot of my officemates already had a laser eye surgery and I have asked each one of them if it is worth it and if there are really no risks involved. And after talking to each one of them, I got really convince that I am a perfect candidate for a lasik surgery.

So I immediately scheduled a screening and I was lucky since my eyes are perfect for the surgery. The lasik surgery is just a very fast procedure. I think it only took 15 minutes (or less per eye) and I was even able to go home right after the procedure. I just needed to take a pain reliever since I can feel some pain when the anesthesia wear off but the very next day, I was able to open my eyes and I can really see clearly.

And it is the most liberating feeling. Imagine, as soon as I open my eyes in the morning, everything is so clear not like before when I have to wear my contact lenses as soon as I wake up just to see my surroundings. And since I had my surgery, I started to enjoy the beach now as I can swim and enjoy the beach without the fear that the waves might wash away the contact lenses from my eye.

I just had my annual checkup and my vision is now 20/20. Thanks to the technology of lasik surgery, I am enjoying life more with clear visions.

1 Comments


Sis, nagpa-lasik ka na pala. Saan ka nagpagawa? I wanted to have that one also eh. Medyo na-chi-chi cken out lang ako ng konti. Hehehe.

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.