0

Rant about Standard Chartered Bank

Posted by abie on 11:10 PM in ,
Remember my experience about Standard Chartered Bank? I made a post about this on my other blog but to summarize I made a payment to Standard Chartered Bank amounting to around P13,000 (I can’t remember the exact amount) through their payment machines. But then after a month, I got a call from them claiming that they did not receive any payment from me for my balance from the past month.

I was really shocked since that is my last payment for my personal loan. I filed a complain and they promised to make an investigation on how my payment envelope got lost but of course the result of the investigation is still favorable for their company.

I don’t want to pay the remaining balance because I know that I really made the payment and I don’t want to pay them twice for something that I know I already paid for. But since then, I have been receiving calls from their collections department who have been harassing me and has been very rude to me.

I know I don’t deserve to be treated this way specially since I am the type of person who really sees to it that I pay my dues on time. I am not used to people disrespecting and treating me like what Standard Chartered is doing to me because I have a very good credit standing. So my decision: I paid for my balance again and have asked them to cut my card and stay out of my life.

I don’t know why collections agents of Standard Chartered talk to their clients that way. If only they just got a Collection Agency who knows how to deal with their clients diplomatically, maybe they will have a greater success rate in recovering debt. An agency like American profit who works in industries like the banks, might even help Standard Chartered develop a debt recovery solutions.

But I guess Standard Chartered is still using traditional collection agencies. No wonder they are not one of the most popular banks here.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.