0

Should I take the next step?

Posted by abie on 10:07 PM in
I was checking my archives for this blog when I suddenly realized that I have been blogging since 2004. That means it is almost four years since I discovered the wonderful world of blogging.

My blog has kept my friends and relatives updated with what’s going on with my life. When I started my first blog, it is about our wedding preparations up to the day when I said I do to my husband. Then I gave birth to my beautiful daughter and I started another blog dedicated for her. I enjoyed blogging so much that I started a third blog which is all about me – my passion, my hobbies, my shopping addictions, my favorite TV series and the like.

Ever since, I have used the free web hosting service of blogspot. I am one happy client and I can say I already learned my ways with blogspot. But I have been reading some web hosting tutorials and I learned the many benefits of getting a web host for my blog.

So should I take the next step and move my free blogspot to a web host? So what are the benefits of having your domain hosted? I read a lot about web hosting awards for different web host providers and all of them offer the same benefits. One is I will get my own domain name instead of using a blogspot address. Then I will also get e-mailboxes that matched my domain name. Then I can easily publish my web content by using the tools provided by the web host provider. And since web host provider uses state of the art data canters, I will be sure that my data such as the photos and videos and my web content are safe since they have a backup and restore system in place.

But of course, getting all of these benefits has a price tag so I still have to weigh if the price that I have to pay to get my blog hosted will really outweigh the benefits that I will get. But if ever I made a decision to get a web host, I will definitely check out web hosting rating so I will be able to assess the best web host providers for my blogs based on my needs.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.