0

On Accidents

Posted by abie on 9:43 AM in ,
I posted as my weekend snapshot entry for this week our trip to Tagaytay last week. On our way to Tagaytay, we had a minor boo-boo because our car was hit by a truck. We were in Pasay, it was a little traffic, I was busy tinkering with my Iphone when I was shocked by the strong tug inside our car and when I turn to look, I saw a big truck on our left side who just came out of nowhere and it looks as though he did not even notice that he hit us.

My dad was driving the car and the truck speed off as if nothing happened so my dad has to get out of the car and run after him. Good thing there was a heavy traffic so my dad was able to caught up with the truck and they were able to get an MMDA official to check the accident.

Of course the truck driver was denying his fault and he kept on saying that it is impossible for him to hit us without him noticing it so he knows that it is not his truck that hit us.

Problems with accidents like this, we need to go to the nearest Traffic Bureau and it may take us the whole day to sort everything (you know how our government system works). And since we are on our way to Tagaytay for my brother’s birthday celebration and our Father’s Day Celebration too, we don’t have time to go through all the legal process to report the accident. So we just settled for whatever cash the truck driver can give us, which is like P500 only. LOL. But at least we have comprehensive insurance so our car is in the casa now for repainting. Good thing the car only hit a small portion at the side of our car (at the top of the rear wheel).

Accidents like this make me really paranoid about the safety of our streets. That is why when Howell is convincing me to allow him to buy a motorcycle, my answer is always a strong NO. We have a friend who was a victim of a motorcycle accident but they are lucky because they have a good Morristown personal injury lawyer and so they were able to get medical claims caused by the accident.

But no matter how much Howell will try to convince me, I will still never let him buy a motorcycle. It is a total magnet for accidents and disasters so even if he hates me (which I know he wouldn’t), my answer is till a big NO.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.