9

We have our Visa

Posted by abie on 8:57 AM in , ,
Howell will be attending a 2 weeks training in Washington, DC this coming December. And he thought that this will be a perfect timing for me and Bela to apply for our US Visa.

So yesterday was our interview. This is what’s keeping me busy after Bela’s birthday. I have been busy preparing for Bela’s birthday that I was already cramming preparing for all the forms and documents we need for the interview. But I’m more relax this time. During my last two applications kse, I was so stressed out. It’s like my whole life depended on it.

Howell was not allowed to enter the Pavillion area (even if he is an employee). They have a strict no appointment, no entry policy, so it was just Bela and me for more than 2 hours.

We arrived at the embassy around 11:45. We have to line up first outside to confirm our schedule before we are allowed to enter. Then we have to proceed at the Pavilion for Step 1 (Submit documents for encoding). Bela was manageable. She was just running around so I just have to follow her. After an hour of waiting at the Pavilion, we we’re asked to go inside for finger scanning. Since they have a fast lane for senior citizens and for applicants with children, after finger scanning I just waited for a couple of minutes and a lady assisted us to Window 10 for our interview. We didn’t have to wait for our number to be called.

The interview was a breeze also. This is how it goes:

Consul: Do you have relatives in the US?
Me: My husband has relatives in the US. He works here by the way (syempre kailangan bangitin ko talaga na nag wo-work si hubby sa US Embassy..hehehe)
Consul: You have been to the US right?
Me: Yes, 2001 & 2004.
Consul: Who is she? (Pointing to Bela)
Me: She’s my daughter.
Consul: How old is she?
Me: She just turned two last week.
Consul: And she hasn’t been to the US.
Me: No, that’s why we wanted to take her with us when my husband goes to training to DC so we can treat her to Disneyland after.
Consul: Ok, your visas have been approved. Please proceed to the Pavilion to have your passport delivered to you.
Me: Bela, say thank you.
Bela: Deadma lang.
Consul: That’s ok. She had a long day already.
Me: Thank you ma’am.

Oh, I was just so happy. Pamasahe na lang kulang….hehehe…But we’re not going with Howell this December. I don’t think Bela can handle a 16-20 hours of flight yet. Maybe next year.

9 Comments

Anonymous says:

wow, that was easy...


abie !

congrats sa inyo ni bela.. oh my! mabilis nga lang, now i wanna apply ! i miss my family dearly and of course.. shopping !!!

congrats again! so happy for you


hi kelly & peachy,

super bilis nga. Mas matagal pa ang inintay namin bago kami ma interview.

Peachy,

apply na. Tulungan kita sa mga forms at docs. Sarap talaga mag shopping don, lalo na sa mga outlet store.

Kung may pamasahe lang talaga kami, sasama cguro kami ni Bela kay Howell.


hi abie,

grabe...like you I am also preparing Sam's documents naman for her US Visa.

Hubby will leave for a conference at Hawaii Jan 12, and I am planning to apply for our visa naman this month. Hopefully will end ok like your post.

Told hubby we need to save up pamasahe for Sam. Syempre hirit sa akin "Of course, si Sam may pamasahe, ikaw ang wala!?!" Waahhh.. iniwan ako! Hahaha!

Anyway, nothing definite yet. Bahala na... need more moolah pa! Hahaha!


Hahah goodluck to US!!!!!!!
no denial for families! Hehehehe


hi abie! wow US visa. sana kami rin next year. :) congrats!


wow abie!!!

congrats sa visa. sana kami din, hehe.

sama na noh!!!


hi abie! if you have the time can you pls pm me naman the forms and papers needed? we also plan to apply so we can attend my cousin's wedding next year. my daughter's gonna be a flowergirl. :-)
thanks and congrats!!

-vina (vina_dayo@yahoo.com)


Hi Jacqui,

Apply na kayo. According sa friend ko super luwag daw talaga ngayon. Hmm, Hawaii. Sarap dyan sis.

Let me know how can I help sa application nyo ha. Email or Pm ka lang pag may question ka.

Hi Apols,

Mukha nga maluwag talaga sila lalo na pag family kayo mag apply. Yung friend ko nga niloko ako, kailangan ko lang daw pala magkaanak para mabigyan ako ng Multiple entry visa. Twice na kse ako nabigyan ng single entry noong single ako.

Hi Pheng,

Naku sis for sure mabigyan kayo. Dami ka na din naman previous travel eh.

PM or Ym ka lang kung may question ka about application. Baka makatulong ako.

Hi Jane,

Naku sis, walang duda mabigyan kayo ng Visa. Dami nyo na previous travel eh. Tsaka mukhang mas maluwag talaga sila pag family.

PM or YM ka lang pag may question ka sa application nyo. Baka makatulong ako.

Hi Vina,

Email ko sayo yung mga forms later sis.

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.