0

Am I in debt?

Posted by abie on 12:28 AM in ,
Finally, I was able to sit down and list down and compute all my credit card expenses when we went to Singapore and I think I am broke. LOL. When we were there I really didn’t bother on the expenses as I just wanted to have a good time and I don’t want to restrict our expenses when it comes to food so I just swipe and swipe my credit card. And since most of the establishments and even some cabs accept credit cards, I really used it almost everyday for all our financial transactions. But I am happy as at least even though I did not restrain myself in spending, I think I still don’t need to avail of credit card debt consolidation program. I totaled all our expenses and I am just 4,000 over my budget.

I remember, I have a friend who went for a vacation there and since she went there during the Great Singapore Sale, she really shopped till she dropped and when he went home after her vacation, she was really broke and she even has to avail of a debt consolidation program to consolidate all her debts for all of her credit cards.

One thing I learned when going on a trip is you have to really set a budget and you must stick to it. I am not saying that you have to restrain yourself and will starve yourself to death so you don’t have to spend that much, but at least you should be disciplined enough to determine which ones you have to spend on and which ones you can skip for the meantime if it is over your budget. Otherwise, you will really end up broke and you might need to get a debt settlement just to pay all your credit card expenses after the trip.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.