0

coffee break ver. 1.24

Posted by abie on 6:23 PM in
How has the internet made wonders to your social life?

I was once a believer that no true relationship can ever exist online. But that belief of mine has changed since I discovered that the Internet can really create a lot of wonders in my social life. Let me share some of those:

1. Ever since I got active in blogging, I have met a lot of wonderful friends (MBAPs, w@wies and n@wies) online who are bloggers like me too. We got updated with each other’s lives just by reading each other’s blog. My blogging friends are one of the few people that I ask for advice with regards to being a mom, being a wife or just about anything like our shared passion for shopping. They sometimes are the first one to know about my problems, my secrets, my rants, my joys since they are all active readers of my blog and so they are the first one to comfort me, to give me advice and support or to share with my joy.
* I have a former colleague who moved to the US since she resigned from work. When she was still working in the same company that I am employed now, we only get to talk if ever she got a chance to go up to my floor or if ever I dropped by at their floor. But ever since we became blogging mates, we became much closer even though we are in different time zones. We talk almost everyday and she is one of the few person that I can talk to about anything.
* Mommy Bloggers Association of the Philippines(MBAP) - I met them through blogging too. They are my constant chat mates, blog readers, advisers and one of my closest friends.
2. I have a childhood friend whom I haven’t talked to in a decade and guess where I found her? At friendster. Since then, we never lost touch and although we are miles apart, it just like she is here with me in Manila.
3. Yahoo Messenger and email is the cheapest way to communicate to all my friends who are abroad. I get to talk to them almost everyday thru YM and email.


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.