0

Our precious princess

Posted by abie on 12:01 AM in
I have a friend who is now four months pregnant. I asked her, if she were to choose would she rather have a boy or a girl. Of course I got the usual answer “I don’t mind whether it is a boy or a girl. What’s important is that she is healthy.” But I was able to persuade her to give me a straight answer and she admitted that she wanted a boy.

First is because she wants her to still be her hubby’s baby even after the child is born. She reasoned out that if it is a girl, her husband’s attention and the rest of her family would now be turned to the baby girl and no one will ever take notice of her. Second is she said that she finds it more difficult to raise a baby girl. Her reason would be that she would have to worry all time if her daughter is okay or if she will be able to finish college before she ever get pregnant and things like that, that mothers often worry about their daughters.


While I agree with her that boys can really take care of themselves more compared to girls, I am still glad that God gave me a baby girl as our first child. I get to enjoy dressing her up and shopping for her and I can already imagine that my daughter will be my best friend and my shopping and travel buddy. I guess I just have to enroll her to self defense classes like Karate or I can just buy her stun guns for her protection and of course, we will always be here for her to make sure that she is always safe.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.