0

A Mediterranean holiday? Why not.

Posted by abie on 12:35 AM in
It’s the beginning of a new year again. One of my goals for this year is to have more travel and vacation with my family. It can be out of town or out of the country as long as we will have a relaxing time. But if I’m to ask if there is one ultimate destination that I would love to visit with my family, then it would be a great holiday on a Mediterranean Sea Island.

We could go to Malta, the heart of the Mediterranean. For sure, my daughter would love the beaches in Malta. My husband would immediately ask me to look for cheap hotels in Malta since he knows how much his daughter truly loves the beach and how her daughter would truly enjoy the different island attractions in Malta like the Megalithic Temples, the underground St Paul’s and St. Agatha’s catacombs, Fort St Angelo and Fort Rinella and more attractions.

.: Malta island :.

.: Megalithic Temples :.

And while we are at the Mediterranean, we can also start looking for cheap hotels in Crete to enjoy its history and beauty. If we’re in Crete for history, we can visit the Knossos Minoan Palace, Gortys, the Venetian fortress Fortezza and a lot of other archeological spots where we can learn about Crete’s history.

.: Knossos Minoan Palace :.

.: Fortezza :.

And according to my officemate who has been to the Mediterranean, we should also start to look for cheap hotels in Cyprus, which is one of the beautiful islands in the Mediterranean that is not to be missed. We can visit the Tombs of the Kings which is listed in the UNESCO world heritage list monument, The Medieval walls of Lefkosia, or explore the picturesque villages in Pitsilia Wine Route and visit a religious and political monument, the Archbishop's Palace.

.: Tombs of the Kings :.

.: The Medieval walls of Lefkosia :.

I know this Mediterranean holiday won’t happen in the next 10-15 years. But just imagining all the beautiful places that we can visit there makes me feel really excited already.


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.