0

Protect yourself from Identity Theft

Posted by abie on 2:17 PM in
I was off from work for two days because I was not feeling well since Sunday. I was doing a DVD marathon of one of my favorite TV series, CSI Miami. One of the cases that were handle by the CSI team was an identity theft crime. It made me really curios as to what identity theft really is and how serious and rampant it is as a crime.

I did some research on the net and found out that is one of the serious crimes committed and a lot of people have been victims of it. What usually happens is that an imposter obtains key information like the victim’s Social Security number or driver’s license and they use that information to get a credit, purchase something or obtain a service while impersonating as the victim. I remember my friend from LA mentioned to me that they always do their banking personally because identity theft is so rampant in the States that’s why they are afraid to be a victim of it.

But it’s also good to know that there are available tools like the technology from LoudSiren that can help consumers protect themselves from identity theft. What consumers have to do is to enroll to the LoudSiren (Debix) Fraud Alert Management. Enrollment only takes 3 minutes and after the enrollment, they will file a fraud alert for your name to all the major credit bureaus. And once a credit is being requested under your name, the creditors will contact your LoudSiren Safe Number so you can verify and authorize first this credit request before the creditors approve it.

This is really one effective way of helping consumers protect themselves from identity theft.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.