0

Live Healthy. Drink Tea.

Posted by abie on 10:33 PM in
Howell and I are not really the health conscious type of couple. We eat what we want to eat, drink what we want to drink without thinking of the bad effects it can bring to our body. We are never really conscious of what we eat, basically because we just love to eat. I think this is due to that fact that it is part of our culture also. We really love to eat. I remember I read an article from a local magazine abut how we Filipinos love to eat. An example that was cited is that every time there is a special occasion, food is always abundant and overflowing. But I know that it is not a good habit and if ever we want to have a longer and healthy life, then we have to start living healthy.

We had this realization since one of my aunt died of cancer. And then jus last year, another of my mom’s sister underwent radiation therapy because small cancer cells have been found in her uterus. So this made me and my husband decide that we should start living a healthy lifestyle now so we can live longer and enjoy the company of each other and specially our daughter till we grow old.

So I did a research on the net and found out that we can start living healthy by just drinking four to six cups of tea daily. I just found out from my research that there is really hard evidence that proves the great benefits of tea to our body. All tea, whether it is green tea, black tea or red tea, all contains polyphenols which helps prevent cancer or even high blood pressure. Tea can also help prevent arthritis, infection and helps lower cholesterol levels. Among all the tea types, the green tea is the one that is less processed so it contains more polyphenols for a much higher chance of caner prevention and even removal. Among the green tea, my favorite is the Acai Tea where in they put berry flavor to the tea for a more refreshing taste.

This would be a good start for us in our efforts to start living a healthy lifestyle. We’re both tea drinkers anyway, although not on a regular basis, so this wouldn’t be hard for us. All we need to do is include four to six cups of tea in our daily routine.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 howell & abie All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.